The huge shape of the Kalta Minor minaret definitely stands out from the other buildings of the Uzbek city of Khiva. The construction of the tower began in 1852 on the initiative of Mohammed Amin Khan – the ruler of the city. Originally, the minaret was meant to reach the height of 70 meters, nevertheless, death of the founder caused the suspension of work when the tower was 25 meters high. Although the name of the tower means "low minaret", the scale of the planned construction makes a huge impression to this day. Decorated with blue tiles arranged in geometric mosaic stripes, the building has become the symbol of the city.