Tenement houses and the St. Martin and Nicolas Cathedral located by the Old Market. The Bydgoszcz market was marked out in 1346, when Bydgoszcz was granted town privileges from king Casimir the Great. Soon after that in the middle of the market the town hall was built, unfortunately it didn’t survive to present times. Until the beginning of the 20th century, the Old Market used to be administrative and economic centre of the city. Until the 17th century court judgements were carried out on the market as well. At present the Old Market is the place where many cultural events are held.